The Assisted Living Federation of America defines assisted living as "a special combination of housing, personalized supportive servies, and health care designed ot respond to the individual needs of those who need help with thier activities of daily living but do not need the skilled medical care provided in a traditional nursing home setting.
Assistance typically available in the assisted living setting includes housekeeping, daily meal services, assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, toileting, walking, medication assistance, personal laundry, transportation, health promotion, emergency services and social/recreational activities.
Costs vary with the apartment size and style. The level of services used will also determine costs. Fees paid will cover rent for the apartment, meal costs and services. Generally, assisted living is paid for privately with some very limited Medicaid funding available.
The State of Montana regulates assisted living through licensing and life safety regulations. Regulations can be reviewed at the facility or at the state health department offices in Helena. Local fire departments review and oversee life safety issues. County health departments regulate and oversee food service.
The philosophy of the assisted living concept is straight forward and oriented toward the consumer:
- Offering cost-effective quality care that is personalized for the individual's needs.
- Fostering independence for each resident.
- Treating each resident with dignity and respect.
- Promoting the individuality of each resident.
- Allowing each resident choice of care and lifestyle.
- Protecting each resident's right to privacy.
- Nurturing the spirit of each resident.
- Involving family and friends.
- Providing a safe, residential environment.
- Making the assisted living residence a valuable community asset.
The Lodge at Lone Tree Creek
fully supports these philosophies, is fully licensed by the State of Montana and operates as a private pay facility providing services to seniors who are 55 years old or older.